Temporary Office SupportJob Description
Basic Chamber information
Vision – A healthy, thriving and collaborative commerce for Paonia and North Fork Valley
Mission– Support local businesses, economic development and our quality of life
Website – http://paoniachamber.com/
Chamber Office Support (temporary 4 to 6 weeks)
Start Date: November 9, 2015
The purpose of this temporary hire is to help the Chamber Board complete administrative, office, and core efforts for our annual membership drive.
The person in this position must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to interact with the chamber board and with the public. Additional skills required for this position include advanced computer skills and knowledge in the effective use of social media.
The duties are to complete the administrative activities required to operate the chamber office, and support the membership drive. To successfully fulfill this position requires the ability to operate independently to complete assigned tasks. The President of the Board will provide oversight.
The position requirements include the following areas:
- Staff the office
- Work with the Treasurer and Bookkeeper to ensure that all bills are paid and income deposited in a timely manner
- Review and process all emails and phone messages by either responding or forwarding to board members, as appropriate
- Handle phone calls
- Review all mail and handle as appropriate
- Send biweekly Enewsletter to all members, content will be defined by the board
- Post regularly through the Chamber’s social media
- Regularly update the chamber website
- Work with the Membership Committee
- Maintain membership list and insure that all members are listed in the business directory and are in the members email list
- Support the effort to increase membership numbers
- Board meetings
- Participate in board meetings
- Provide a review of office efforts
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Michael Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 4th.