Paonia Chamber of Commerce – LEADERSHIP / ADVOCACY / ACTION, the catalyst for a long-term, diverse and vibrant business economy that supports our valued quality of life. There is no other organization in Delta County with the single focus of helping your business prosper. But we can’t do it alone.
2015 Chamber Accomplishments
Your 2015 member support and two key donations enabled the chamber to hire a full time Office Manager.
The Office Manager:
- Arranged an Aspen/Snowmass Tourism Council wine and restaurant review and assessment – results were a two ASTC car tours stopped in Paonia One tour had lunch at The Living Farm Café and time spent walking Grand Avenue. The second tour had a riverside lunch at the Orchard Valley Farms and our Office Manager purchased local products for gift baskets for this tour to showcase local businesses.
- Answered questions and provided information to tourists at the office, over the telephone, and through email – results drove tourists to local businesses Example – a Conversation with a writer with a Paonia article assignment for “5280” magazine. She stayed locally as she visited multiple businesses and recreational locations in Paonia. The Paonia-based article was posted on “5280” website on September 16, 2015.
- Redesigned our website, with support, that enhanced abilities to feature local businesses, events, recreation and lodging opportunities, and improved our business membership directory.
We administered and supported the Schallert Boot Camp and Community Reinvention Program Scholarship Program enabling 13 NF business people to attend the boot camp in March 2015.
Additional 2015 accomplishments include:
- Hosted the 1st Paonia Gears and Beers and the 2nd Oktoberfest
- Provided Paonia focused promotional ads in Colorado Life Magazine, the North Fork Visitor’s Guide, and the GJ Sentinel Vacation Land
- Actively supported the development of broadband
- Booths at Cherry Days and Mountain Harvest Fest distributing info on Paonia and local businesses and added names to our email list
- Enhanced email newsletters and upgraded our social media interactions
- Supported DCED contract effort studying how to diversify Delta County’s economy
- Worked with Paonia Town Manager, all five Delta County chambers, Delta County Economic Development, Region 10, and the Delta County Administrator
- Supported Citizens for a Healthy Community’s trip to DC to talk about Oil and Gas Development in the North Fork Valley
Chamber Board Opportunities
Six Board Positions up for election in 2016, four current board member seats and two open seats
The 2015 Chamber Board:
- President – Mike Drake
- Vice President – Doris Danielsen
- Sec/Treasurer – Carri Gillenwater
- Directors: Annette Pretorius, Bill Bishop, Frederick Zimmer, John Mattox, Jon Schulz, Kathy Swartz
- Office Manager – Susan Shoemaker